The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) jointly with the United Nations Environment will hold a side-event on the “Sand and Dust Storms” at COP22 in Marrakech today, 15th of November from 11:00 – 12:00 at UNDP Pavilion – Blue Zone.
Speakers at this event include:
- Vice President of the Islamic Republic of Iran and Head of Department of Environment, Dr. Masoumeh Ebtekar,
- UNDP Administrator, Ms. Helen Clark, and
- Head of United Nations Environment, Mr. Erik Solheim will speak.
Climate change will become an increasingly important future driver of wind erosion and Sand and Dust Storms risk. It has been recognized that climate change and environmental degradation go beyond boundaries. Neither can be addressed effectively through national-level interventions alone, thus there is a need for international cooperation to overcome this worldwide environmental challenge.
For more updates and news about this event please check our website www.un.org.ir and social media accounts.
- اسفند 95 – سفر رییس برنامه محیط زیست ملل متحد به تهران
- 22 February 2017 - Head of UN Environment to visit Iran
- 14 February 2017 - “Private sector – and Corporate Social Responsibility – key in achieving the 2030 Agenda”
- 3 February 2017 - “64% of the world’s wetlands have disappeared in the last century” – Ramsar Convention
- 13 January 2017 - Call for entries: Through young eyes - photo competition for UN World Wildlife Day 2017