The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) jointly with the United Nations Environment will hold a side-event on the “Sand and Dust Storms” at COP22 in Marrakech today, 15th of November from 11:00 – 12:00 at UNDP Pavilion – Blue Zone.
Speakers at this event include:
- Vice President of the Islamic Republic of Iran and Head of Department of Environment, Dr. Masoumeh Ebtekar,
- UNDP Administrator, Ms. Helen Clark, and
- Head of United Nations Environment, Mr. Erik Solheim will speak.
Climate change will become an increasingly important future driver of wind erosion and Sand and Dust Storms risk. It has been recognized that climate change and environmental degradation go beyond boundaries. Neither can be addressed effectively through national-level interventions alone, thus there is a need for international cooperation to overcome this worldwide environmental challenge.
For more updates and news about this event please check our website www.un.org.ir and social media accounts.
- 26 April 2017 - UNDP Executive Board welcomes appointment of Achim Steiner as new Administrator
- 10 April 2017 - New Japanese grant gives hope for sustained recovery in Lake Urmia
- فروردین 96 - فائو: درگیریها بیش از 16 میلیارد دلار خسارت بر بخش کشاورزی سوریه تحمیل کرده است
- 4 April 2017 - FAO: Conflicts Impose $16 Billion Losses to Syrian Agricultural Sector
- فروردین 96 - بر اساس تازه ترین گزارش فائو: تداوم جنگ و بحران در خاورمیانه و شمال آفریقا 30 میلیون نفر را با ناامنی غذایی مواجه کرده است