The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) jointly with the United Nations Environment will hold a side-event on the “Sand and Dust Storms” at COP22 in Marrakech today, 15th of November from 11:00 – 12:00 at UNDP Pavilion – Blue Zone.
Speakers at this event include:
- Vice President of the Islamic Republic of Iran and Head of Department of Environment, Dr. Masoumeh Ebtekar,
- UNDP Administrator, Ms. Helen Clark, and
- Head of United Nations Environment, Mr. Erik Solheim will speak.
Climate change will become an increasingly important future driver of wind erosion and Sand and Dust Storms risk. It has been recognized that climate change and environmental degradation go beyond boundaries. Neither can be addressed effectively through national-level interventions alone, thus there is a need for international cooperation to overcome this worldwide environmental challenge.
For more updates and news about this event please check our website www.un.org.ir and social media accounts.
- اسفند 95 - دریاچه ارومیه آرام آرام به زندگی باز می گردد
- 16 March 2017 - Lake Urmia comes back to life slowly but surely
- 21 March 2017 - World’s most marginalized still left behind by global development priorities: UNDP report
- 01 March 2017 - A Resurrection in the Middle East Life has returned to a dying salt lake in northwest Iran
- اسفند 95 - رئیس اجرائی دفتر مقابله با مواد مخدر و جرم سازمان ملل متحد خطاب به شرکت کنندگان: چالش مواد مخدر همچنان "هولناک" است