The award ceremony of the first International Red Ribbon Festival took place yesterday in Melall Culture Center with wide participation of artists, youth, and relevant stakeholders.
The jury consisted of UNAIDS CO Iran, Ministry of Health, Payam Avaran Hamyari NGO, AIDS activists, People Living with HIV, and eminent International Artists from across the world.
This festival which had started in Feb 2016 with organization of a workshop for Iranian Artists, organization of a domestic and international competition, which received more than 600 works from the Netherlands, Hungary, Poland, France, USA, Greece, Mexico, Italy, South Korea, Russian, China, Ecuador, Iraq, Switzerland, Kyrgyzstan and Iran.
The Head of Payam Avaran Hamyari, Dr. Ghasemi inaugurated the ceremony by briefing the audience on the positive interactions and efforts by each and every team member to ensure full success of the festival.
Dr. Doroudi, UNAIDS Country Director also gave a speech underlining the global and national statistics on HIV/AIDS. He highlighted the fast track objective of UNAIDS that by 2030 all efforts should be strive towards the aim of zero new infections, zero AIDS related deaths, and zero discrimination.
National AIDS Programme Manager of Ministry of Health & Medical Education, Dr. Khazerouni taking the floor reiterated on the collective efforts to tackle HIV/AIDS as a social, cultural, economic, and political burden. She also noted that the posters will be used other awareness raising events on HIV/AIDS.
Mr. Soleymani, Head of Arasbaran Cultural Center as an active supporter throughout the festival elaborated on how art can be used to express and fight social stigmas against HIV/AIDS and praised active participation of youth artists involved.
The ceremony was concluded by giving awards to the prize winners and giving certificates to volunteers of the festival. Support of the Ministry of Health & Medical Education, Payam Avaran Hamyari, Positive Clubs, Tehran Municipality, UNAIDS, and UNFPA was acknowledged during the event and were called to join efforts to combat HIV/AIDS.
- مرداد 96 - پیام خانم دکتر ناتالیا کانم، مدیر اجرایی موقت صندوق جمعیت سازمان ملل متحد روز جهانی بشردوستی
- 19 August 2017 - Message of UNFPA Acting Executive Director Dr. Natalia Kanem World Humanitarian Day
- 13 August 2017 - Statement by UNFPA Acting Executive Director Dr. Natalia Kanem for International of Youth
- تیر 96 - همایش منطقه ای سالمندی جمعیت و پیامدهای مرتبط با سیاست گذاری امروز، 16 تیر با 2 بازدید از مراکز سالمندان ادامه پیدا کرد
- 5 July 2017 - The Regional Forum on Ageing ends with field visits of Rehabilitation Centers and Nursing Homes.