On the occasion of World AIDS Day, a media event was hosted by Khabaronline in which the UN Resident Coordinator in the Islamic Republic of Iran, Mr. Gary Lewis, and the UNAIDS Country Director, Dr. Fardad Doroudi participated.
Representatives of several Iranian news agencies and print media asked their questions on the topic. Among discussed topics were the global status of HIV/AIDS as well as Iran’s national status and measures taken by the country to combat the disease.
- Mr. Claudio Providas - UNDP
- 7 April 2019 - Half the world’s population is still unable to obtain the essential health services they need-Guterres
- 10 March 2019 - UN’s AIDS agency ‘greatly encouraged’ by latest scientific breakthrough showing cure is possible
- 13 December 2018 - From Iran to Azerbaijan: countries exchange best practices on harm reduction for people who use drugs
- 25 Nov 2018 - Joint UN Statement on International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women