TEHRAN – On the occasion of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities, DPI accredited NGO Disability Association of Tavana (DAT) organized a ceremony with the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
More than 100 participants, including officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Parliament Deputies, Head of Welfare Department Anoushirvan Mohseni Bandpey, NGO members, UN representatives, Ambassadors and diplomats from 20 countries, persons with disabilities and journalists gathered at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Club on 4 December 2016.
After thanking the organizers of the ceremony, UNIC Director Maria Dotsenko read the Secretary-General’s message for the participants.
Chairman of Board Directors of Disability Association of Tavana, Seyyed Mohammad Mousavi said human being due to his or her needs, make tools. He said airplane was invented because man could not fly. “I cannot walk, therefore wheelchair is invented for me,” he added and said therefore we are all disabled people because we need something.
Managing Director of DAT Mohammad Reza Hadipour said disability is just a physical limitation and not inability, because human beings became creative due to limitations.
During the ceremony Public Relations Manager of DAT Massoumeh Amedi briefed the participants on the activities of the DAT by a power point presentation.
A Press TV report on DAT and a short movie about work of the founder of the Association were also screened for the audience.
Also Iranian traditional music was performed by children with disabilities.
- بهمن 96 - آشنایی با اطلاعات و اسناد ملل متحد در حوزه صلح و امنیت بین المللی
- 15 Feb 2018 - Finding information on peace and security through the UN website
- آذر 96 - گرامی داشت روز جهانی افراد دارای معلولیت به وسیله جوانان معلول ولی با هوش و توانمند
- 11 Dec 2017 - Youngsters with disabilities but with diverse abilities, talents mark Day of Persons with Disabilities
- آذر 96 - شبیه سازی شورای حقوق بشر سازمان ملل متحد به مناسیت روز حقوق بشر