UN Information Center briefed members of the Alborz Bar Association on how to find UN information and documentation on UN websites.
The workshop took place on 7 February 2017 at the UN Office for some 20 advocates mostly from Karaj city, from the Alborz Province.
“Promoting the rule of law at the national and international levels is at the heart of the United Nations’ mission,” said UNIC Reference Assistant Ms. Nazanin Ghaemmaghami-Farahani, who led the workshop. She also elaborated on some basic facts about the UN and explained how to find and retrieve UN information on the bilingual UNIC, and the UN websites.
The focus of the workshop was on justice and international law, the rule of law, administration of justice and International Court of Justice (ICJ). A video with Persian subtitles on ICJ was also screened.
The webpage of the Office of the High Commissioner of Human Rights with a focus on human rights by country, issues and publications was introduced. The participants were interested in ”independence of judiciary” and in publication “A manual on human rights for judges, prosecutors and lawyers”, which was published in cooperation with the International Bar Association.
A senior lawyer Mr. Deljavan Bagheri expressed his satisfaction from the workshop and hoped to have the same programme for some other members of the association.
For more information, please visit the link below:
- مرداد 96 - جلسه آمادگی برای شبیه سازی شورای امنیت
- 3 August 2017 - Model UN exercise preparation
- مرداد 96 - کارگاه آموزشی برای پژوهشگران شرکت آب و فاضلاب استان تهران
- مرداد 96 - هشدار سازمان ملل متحد درباره سوء استفاده کلاهبرداران از نام و آرم سازمان ملل متحد برای اخاذی و به دست آوردن اطلاعات شخصی افراد
- 30 July 2017 - Fraudulent e-mails misusing the UN name