On 13 September 2017, UNESCO kicked off a week of celebrations on the occasion of the International Day of Peace, with an event at the House of Artists in Tehran.
The event consisted of a series of short artistic performances, including poetry, music, film and theater.
Mr. Rajabi Memar, Director General of the Iranian Artists' Forum, welcomed the guests and talked about the important role of art for peace. "Art and artists must make all efforts to build peace", he said.
Ms. Esther Kuisch Laroche, Director and Representative of the UNESCO Tehran Cluster Office, talked about UNESCO's mission to create solidarity among human kind, by fostering greater dialogue, understanding and trust between peoples. "At UNESCO, we believe that education, sciences, culture and arts are all important tools to bring us closer together", she said.
"Music and arts have a unique way of transcending boundaries and connecting people around the world - and across generations, cultures and gender, in a very powerful and personal manner", stated Ms. Kuisch Laroche in her opening speech.
The International Day of Peace is celebrated globally, each year, on the 21st of September. This year, the UNESCO Tehran Cluster Office will be marking this important day with a series of events organized by different partners.
For more information on the International Day of Peace, please visit:
- 20 June 2018 - UNESCO Calls for Stronger Actions to Prevent Marine Plastic Pollution
- 21 May 2018 - UNESCO and International Council of Museums commemorate International Day of Museums in Iran
- 20 May 2018 - UNESCO Joins Expert Meeting in Iran on Intellectual Property Rights in Cultural Heritage
- 16 May 2018 - Allame Tabatabai University Inaugurates UNESCO Chair for Communication of Science and Technology
- فروردین 97 - دعوت یونسکو از ایرانیان برای شرکت در مراسم گرامیداشت روز جهانی تنوع فرهنگی در مجموعه تاریخی سعد آباد تهران