Following a four-day meeting at UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, during 24-27 October, 78 new nominations, including Jami-al Tawarikh from Iran, were inscribed in the UNESCO Memory of the World International Register. Three additions were made to existing inscriptions and provisional inscription were granted for two items pending confirmation of minor points.
Under the Chairmanship of Dr. Abdulla Alraisi, Director-General of the National Archives of the United Arab Emirates, and composed of 14 eminent experts, the International Advisory Committee (IAC) of UNESCO's Memory of the World (MoW) Programme examined and evaluated new items of documentary heritage proposed by countries from across the world, following a two-year process as part of the 2016-2017 nomination cycle.
The full list of recommended nominations can be accessed from: https://en.unesco.org/sites/default/files/mow_recommended_nominations_list_2016-2017.pdf
- 25 Jan 2018 - UNESCO organizes training on transboundary water management for water professionals from Afghanistan and Iran
- 7 Dec 2017 - Chogān and Kamantcheh from Iran inscribed on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 29 Nov 2017 - UNESCO supports IIEES in conducting community-based simultaneous earthquake and safety drill in Iran
- 15 Nov 2017 - UNESCO celebrates 2017 World Science Day at Tehran Book Garden
- 2 Nov 2017 - Two Iranian Projects win the 2017 Asia- Pacific Award for Cultural Heritage Conservation