Following a four-day meeting at UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, during 24-27 October, 78 new nominations, including Jami-al Tawarikh from Iran, were inscribed in the UNESCO Memory of the World International Register. Three additions were made to existing inscriptions and provisional inscription were granted for two items pending confirmation of minor points.
Under the Chairmanship of Dr. Abdulla Alraisi, Director-General of the National Archives of the United Arab Emirates, and composed of 14 eminent experts, the International Advisory Committee (IAC) of UNESCO's Memory of the World (MoW) Programme examined and evaluated new items of documentary heritage proposed by countries from across the world, following a two-year process as part of the 2016-2017 nomination cycle.
The full list of recommended nominations can be accessed from: https://en.unesco.org/sites/default/files/mow_recommended_nominations_list_2016-2017.pdf
- 12 Dec 2018 - UNESCO organized the 8th Asian G-WADI meeting and 2nd International Drought Initiative (IDI) expert group meeting
- 28 Nov 2018 - UNESCO and UNICEF co-organize a 4-day Training Workshop on Educational Planning for Disaster Risk Reduction
- 26 October 2018 - UNESCO Concludes Two-Day Capacity Building Workshop on Innovative Use of ICT for Persons with Disabilities
- شهریور 97 - مشارکت یونسکو و اتحادیه اروپا برای ارتقاء میراث فرهنگی جاده ابریشم در ایران
- 3 Sep 2018 - UNESCO partners with the European Union to invest in creativity for development