Following a four-day meeting at UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, during 24-27 October, 78 new nominations, including Jami-al Tawarikh from Iran, were inscribed in the UNESCO Memory of the World International Register. Three additions were made to existing inscriptions and provisional inscription were granted for two items pending confirmation of minor points.
Under the Chairmanship of Dr. Abdulla Alraisi, Director-General of the National Archives of the United Arab Emirates, and composed of 14 eminent experts, the International Advisory Committee (IAC) of UNESCO's Memory of the World (MoW) Programme examined and evaluated new items of documentary heritage proposed by countries from across the world, following a two-year process as part of the 2016-2017 nomination cycle.
The full list of recommended nominations can be accessed from: https://en.unesco.org/sites/default/files/mow_recommended_nominations_list_2016-2017.pdf
- 21 May 2018 - UNESCO and International Council of Museums commemorate International Day of Museums in Iran
- 20 May 2018 - UNESCO Joins Expert Meeting in Iran on Intellectual Property Rights in Cultural Heritage
- 16 May 2018 - Allame Tabatabai University Inaugurates UNESCO Chair for Communication of Science and Technology
- فروردین 97 - دعوت یونسکو از ایرانیان برای شرکت در مراسم گرامیداشت روز جهانی تنوع فرهنگی در مجموعه تاریخی سعد آباد تهران
- 13 May 2018 - UNESCO Invites Iranians to Celebrate the Cultural Diversity Day at Sa’ad Abad Complex in Tehran