The Secretary-General is deeply saddened by the loss of life and damage following the earthquake that struck the border region of the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Republic of Iraq on Sunday evening.
He conveys his condolences to the bereaved families and to the Governments and people of the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Republic of Iraq. He wishes those injured a speedy recovery.
The Secretary-General commends the local response efforts underway. The United Nations stands ready to assist if required.
- 6 Jan 2018 - Memories with Tehran Peace Museum
- 20 Dec 2017 - Al-Monitor's exclusive interview with UN Resident Coordinator in Iran
- 18 Dec 2017: “The future is happening now, and we need to wake up and fix what we have broken” – UN Resident Coordinator
- آذر 96 - "تغییرات آب و هوایی بزرگترین تهدید بشراست": هماننگ کننده مقیم سازمان ملل متحد در ایران
- 17 Dec 2017 - “Climate change is an existential threat” says the UN Resident Coordinator