The Secretary-General is deeply saddened by the loss of life and damage following the earthquake that struck the border region of the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Republic of Iraq on Sunday evening.
He conveys his condolences to the bereaved families and to the Governments and people of the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Republic of Iraq. He wishes those injured a speedy recovery.
The Secretary-General commends the local response efforts underway. The United Nations stands ready to assist if required.
- آبان 96 - پیام هماهنگ کننده مقیم سازمان ملل متحد در ایران برای زلزله شب گذشته
- آبان 96 - بیانه منتسب به سخنگوی دبیرکل سازمان ملل متحد در مورد زمین لرزه درجمهوری اسلامی ایران و جمهوری عراق
- 7 Oct 2017 - UN’s 72nd anniversary celebrated in Tehran
- 6 Nov 2017 - “Environment no longer a silent victim of war – Mother Nature is joining the debate”
- 25 Oct 2017 - UN working with Iran to build emergency medical teams to halt epidemic outbreaks