TEHRAN, 16 November 2017 – The Under-Secretary-General and Emergency Relief Coordinator (USG/ERC), Mr. Mark Lowcock is scheduled to visit the Islamic Republic of Iran from 20 to 23 November 2017.
Mr. Mark Lowcock is expected to meet senior officials in Tehran and focus on expanding regional cooperation on humanitarian assistance and strengthening the partnership between Iran and the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in the Middle East. USG Lowcock will be discussing regional issues including the humanitarian situation in Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Myanmar and Syria with Iranian officials and also the recent West Iran earthquake in Iran and how UN could support, if needed.
This is Mr. Lowcock’s first visit to Iran in his capacity as the USG/ERC.
- 13 August 2018 - World Humanitarian Day
- بهمن 96 - نشست رئیس هلال احمر ایران با 20 تن از سفرا و نمایندگان سفارتخانه ها و سازمان های بین المللی
- 23 Jan 2018 - Diplomat Community engages with Iranian Red Crescent for Kermanshah area Earthquake recovery
- 23 Nov 2017 - UN Humanitarian Chief Mark Lowcock concludes visit to the Islamic Republic of Iran
- 23 Nov 2017 - Iran airports to benefit from GARD disaster response training program