The UN Information Centre (UNIC) held a workshop “Finding UN Information and Documentation” for some 10 post-graduate students of international law from the Qom Islamic Azad University on 13 November 2017 at the UNIC office in Tehran.
The workshop was conducted by the UNIC Reference Assistant Ms. Nazanin Ghaemmaghami-Farahani. Students learned about some basic facts about the UN, and how to find and retrieve UN information on the UNIC, and the UN websites as well as Dag Hammarskjold Library (DHL) page on the web. Overview and searching through some of DHL resources and databases including UNBISNET, Official Document System (ODS), were discussed.
There was a focus on the International Court of Justice (ICJ), Treaty Collection and UN Audiovisual Library of International Law. The participants learnt how to locate a multilateral treaty, its status and the related reservations.
Persian copies of UN Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the UN System Chart were distributed among the participants.
Mr. Sadeq Najar, one of the students, who organized of the programme found the workshop very useful and said: “Our Professor Dr. Mashhadi has made it mandatory for all of us to participate in this workshop. He believes it paves the way to find needed UN information, specifically for preparation of our dissertations.”
- University of Tehran law students learn more about Sustainable Development Goals, with a focus on Goal 16
- اسفند 97 - آشنایی بیشتر دانشجویان حقوق دانشگاه تهران با آرمان های توسعه پایدار با تاکید بر آرمان 16
- 11 March 2019 - Training Session for Tarbiat Modarres University Students
- اسفند 97 - جلسه آموزشی برای دانشجویان کارشناسی ارشد حقوق بین الملل دانشگاه تربیت مدرس
- 10 March 2019 - Third EU-UN conference on “Supporting the future of Syria, the region” to be held in Brussels