The UN Information Centre (UNIC) held a workshop “Finding UN Information and Documentation” for some 10 post-graduate students of international law from the Qom Islamic Azad University on 13 November 2017 at the UNIC office in Tehran.
The workshop was conducted by the UNIC Reference Assistant Ms. Nazanin Ghaemmaghami-Farahani. Students learned about some basic facts about the UN, and how to find and retrieve UN information on the UNIC, and the UN websites as well as Dag Hammarskjold Library (DHL) page on the web. Overview and searching through some of DHL resources and databases including UNBISNET, Official Document System (ODS), were discussed.
There was a focus on the International Court of Justice (ICJ), Treaty Collection and UN Audiovisual Library of International Law. The participants learnt how to locate a multilateral treaty, its status and the related reservations.
Persian copies of UN Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the UN System Chart were distributed among the participants.
Mr. Sadeq Najar, one of the students, who organized of the programme found the workshop very useful and said: “Our Professor Dr. Mashhadi has made it mandatory for all of us to participate in this workshop. He believes it paves the way to find needed UN information, specifically for preparation of our dissertations.”
- 15 May 2019 - Briefing on UN (UN4U) for Molavi University students
- اردیبهشت 98 - معرفی سازمان ملل متحد برای دانشجویان دانشگاه مولوی
- 13 May 2019 - International Youth Conference in Vienna
- 12 May 2019- Call for Application, Summer of Solutions 2019
- 5 May 2019 - Tarbiat Modares U. holds seminar on UN’s role to prevent genocide and establish peace, UN-Iran historical photo exhibition