Following the invitation of the Faculty of Law of University of Tehran, College of Farabi at Qom City, UNIC held the “Finding UN Information and Documentation” workshop for some 40 graduate students of international law and their professors at the college campus on 14 November 2017.
The workshop was conducted by the UNIC Reference Assistant Ms. Nazanin Ghaemmaghami-Farahani. Students learned about some basic facts about the UN, and how to find and retrieve UN information on the UNIC, and the UN websites as well as Dag Hammarskjold Library (DHL) page on the web. Overview and searching through some of DHL resources and databases including UNBISNET, Official Document System (ODS), were among the programme of the workshop.
There was a focus on the International Court of Justice (ICJ), Treaty Collection and UN Audiovisual Library of International Law. The participants learnt how to locate a multilateral treaty, its status and the related reservations.
Persian copies of UN Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the UN System Chart were distributed among the participants. A video on ICJ with Persian subtitles was screened for the group.
Dr. Alireza Ebrahimgol, the students’ Professor who organized the programme found the workshop very useful.
- اردیبهشت 97 - برگزاری نمایشگاه عکس و اسناد تاریخی همکاری سازمان ملل متحد و ایران در بوشهر
- 30 April 2018 - UN-Iran Partnership Historical Photos, Documents Exhibited in Bushehr
- اردیبهشت 97 - جستار دانشجویان حقوق بین الملل و حقوق بشر دانشگاه تهران در وب سایت سازمان ملل متحد
- 23 April 2018 - UNIC helps University of Tehran graduate students to find needed UN information
- فروردین 97 - گرامیداشت روز جهانی بازتاب نسل زدایی 1994 قوم توتسی در رواندا