Following the invitation of the Faculty of Law of University of Tehran, College of Farabi at Qom City, UNIC held the “Finding UN Information and Documentation” workshop for some 40 graduate students of international law and their professors at the college campus on 14 November 2017.
The workshop was conducted by the UNIC Reference Assistant Ms. Nazanin Ghaemmaghami-Farahani. Students learned about some basic facts about the UN, and how to find and retrieve UN information on the UNIC, and the UN websites as well as Dag Hammarskjold Library (DHL) page on the web. Overview and searching through some of DHL resources and databases including UNBISNET, Official Document System (ODS), were among the programme of the workshop.
There was a focus on the International Court of Justice (ICJ), Treaty Collection and UN Audiovisual Library of International Law. The participants learnt how to locate a multilateral treaty, its status and the related reservations.
Persian copies of UN Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the UN System Chart were distributed among the participants. A video on ICJ with Persian subtitles was screened for the group.
Dr. Alireza Ebrahimgol, the students’ Professor who organized the programme found the workshop very useful.
- بهمن 96 - آشنایی با اطلاعات و اسناد ملل متحد در حوزه صلح و امنیت بین المللی
- 15 Feb 2018 - Finding information on peace and security through the UN website
- آذر 96 - گرامی داشت روز جهانی افراد دارای معلولیت به وسیله جوانان معلول ولی با هوش و توانمند
- 11 Dec 2017 - Youngsters with disabilities but with diverse abilities, talents mark Day of Persons with Disabilities
- آذر 96 - شبیه سازی شورای حقوق بشر سازمان ملل متحد به مناسیت روز حقوق بشر