UNIC jointly with theKharazmi University Faculty of Law and Political Scienceheld a “Finding UN Information and Documentation Workshop” for some 30 graduate students of international law at the UN building on 26 November 2017.
The event was organized by the Kharazmi University Professor and consultant to the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Office, Centre for International Legal Affairs Dr. Hadi Azari.
UNIC Reference Assistant Ms. Nazanin Ghaemmaghami-Farahani, who conducted the workshop said: “Students learned about some basic facts about the UN, and how to find and retrieve UN information on the UNIC, UN in Iran and the UN websites as well as UN Careers.”
She added: “They also learned to locate information on international law through three different UN webpage gateways namely “Uphold International Law” among “What We Do”; “International Law and Justice” among “Global Issues” and “International Law Documentation” in the “Research Guides” of the Dag Hammarskjold Library (DHL).”
The workshop focused on the International Court of Justice (ICJ) and a video on ICJ with Persian subtitles was screened for the group. The students learned to find two lectures of the University of Tehran Professor and the former President of the International Law Commission of the UNDr. DjamchidMomtaz among the “Lecture Series” of UN Audiovisual Library of International Law.
Persian copies of UN Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the UN System Chart were distributed among the participants.
At the end of the session Professor Azari thanked UNIC and found the workshop very useful for his students.
- University of Tehran law students learn more about Sustainable Development Goals, with a focus on Goal 16
- اسفند 97 - آشنایی بیشتر دانشجویان حقوق دانشگاه تهران با آرمان های توسعه پایدار با تاکید بر آرمان 16
- 11 March 2019 - Training Session for Tarbiat Modarres University Students
- اسفند 97 - جلسه آموزشی برای دانشجویان کارشناسی ارشد حقوق بین الملل دانشگاه تربیت مدرس
- 10 March 2019 - Third EU-UN conference on “Supporting the future of Syria, the region” to be held in Brussels