The 12th session of the Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage takes place in Jeju Island, Republic of Korea, from Monday 4 to Saturday 9 December 2017.
On the fourth day of the meeting, two elements from the Islamic Republic of Iran were inscribed on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. The two inscriptions are Chogān, a horse-riding game accompanied by music and storytelling, and the art of crafting and playing with Kamantcheh/Kamancha, a bowed string musical instrument. The second element is jointly inscribed by the Islamic Republic of Iran and Azerbaijan.
This year, the Committee considers six nominations for inclusion on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding designed to rally international cooperation and assistance for threatened cultural expressions. Thirty-four nominations for inscription on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity will also be examined alongside two proposals for the Register of Good Safeguarding Practices and two International Assistance Requests for safeguarding plans or inventories.
- شهریور 97 - مشارکت یونسکو و اتحادیه اروپا برای ارتقاء میراث فرهنگی جاده ابریشم در ایران
- 3 Sep 2018 - UNESCO partners with the European Union to invest in creativity for development
- 27 August 2018 - UNESCO & UNICEF Support Ministry of Education in Inclusion of Students with Special Needs
- 12 August 2018 - Celebration of International Youth Day in Iran Highlights Role of Youth at All Levels of Policy-Making
- 2 August 2018 - UNESCO Assists Iran in Restoration of Two Historical Sites in Kermanshah Affected by 2017 Earthquake