The 12th session of the Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage takes place in Jeju Island, Republic of Korea, from Monday 4 to Saturday 9 December 2017.
On the fourth day of the meeting, two elements from the Islamic Republic of Iran were inscribed on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. The two inscriptions are Chogān, a horse-riding game accompanied by music and storytelling, and the art of crafting and playing with Kamantcheh/Kamancha, a bowed string musical instrument. The second element is jointly inscribed by the Islamic Republic of Iran and Azerbaijan.
This year, the Committee considers six nominations for inclusion on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding designed to rally international cooperation and assistance for threatened cultural expressions. Thirty-four nominations for inscription on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity will also be examined alongside two proposals for the Register of Good Safeguarding Practices and two International Assistance Requests for safeguarding plans or inventories.
- 5 July 2019 - Two natural sites, one in China another in Iran, inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage List
- خرداد 98- دفتر منطقه ای یونسکو در تهران و اتحادیه اروپا طرح جامعی را در رابطه با مرمت کاروانسرای ینگی امام در جمهوری اسلامی ایران آغاز کردند.
- 10 June 2019 - UNESCO Tehran Cluster Office and the European Union launch a comprehensive documentation of the Yengi Emam Caravansary in view of upcoming restoration works.
- 9 June 2019 - Archives are active sites where one can browse, research, dig, learn from and enjoy: Commemoration of International Archives Day
- 22 May 2019 - The second round celebration of the International Museum Day and Cultural Heritage Week in Niavaran Complex