“As you journey through the pages of this fascinating book, you will find impressive historical photographs of the Iranian Nomads. They still travel – though now in much smaller numbers than before – from one place to another across Iran’s vast and atmospheric landscape.”
These words were shared by the UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative, Mr. Gary Lewis. Mr. Lewis was asked to write a foreword for a book entitled “Fireplace Growing Cold” which features exquisite pictures of Iranian nomads taken by Mr. Morteza Poursamadi, one of Iran’s best-known photographers. Mr. Poursamadi has captured moments that otherwise might have been lost and forgotten.
Collectively, Eghtesad Novin Bank, University of Tehran, Vije Negar Publications and UNDP played a role in the production of this book.
“Fireplace Growing Cold” was officially launched on 14th December at Tehran’s Museum of Contemporary Art in the presence of Mr. Poursamadi, representatives from Eghtesad Novin Bank, Vije Negar Publications, Iranian celebrities and Mr. Lewis.
- 6 Jan 2018 - Memories with Tehran Peace Museum
- 20 Dec 2017 - Al-Monitor's exclusive interview with UN Resident Coordinator in Iran
- 18 Dec 2017: “The future is happening now, and we need to wake up and fix what we have broken” – UN Resident Coordinator
- آذر 96 - "تغییرات آب و هوایی بزرگترین تهدید بشراست": هماننگ کننده مقیم سازمان ملل متحد در ایران
- 17 Dec 2017 - “Climate change is an existential threat” says the UN Resident Coordinator