I.R. of Iran to host 2018 biennium HelpAge Regional Conference on Population Ageing from 23-25 October 2018 (01–03 Aban 1397). UNFPA Iran and HelpAge International signed a trilateral memorandum of understanding with the Deputy Minister and Head of State Welfare Organization (SWO) on behalf of the Ministry of Cooperatives, Labour and Social Welfare.
After the successful hosting of the Regional Forum on Policy Implications of Population Ageing in Tabriz, Iran back in 2017 and issuance of Tabriz Statement, State Welfare Organization, HelpAge International, and UNFPA will coordinate to co-host the Regional Conference on issues relevant to population ageing in the Asia Pacific. The main theme of the conference is “Family, Community and State in Ageing Societies”.
The conference will be two days long and on the third day a field visit will be organized to older people centers. Day 1 of the conference assesses the trends in population ageing and family dynamics, as well as how communities and governments across Asia have responded. Through parallel streams on Day 2, the conference will then examine policies and community services to ease adaptation to ageing trends particularly in relation to social inclusion, income security, and health and care.
It is anticipated that this conference bring together 250 participants from various countries in the region and few countries from other regions, representing government, international organizations, academic institutions, civil society organizations, parliamentarians and private sector.
- 10 Jan 2017 - UNFPA & National Implementing Partners Review Achievement & Discuss Road Ahead
- 4 Dec 2017 - UNFPA & Australia Sign Direct Aid Programme
- 29 Nov 2017 - Syrian Delegation visits Iran’s midwifery and reproductive health programme
- 29 Nov 2017 - University of Tehran & UNFPA Launch National Transfer Accounts Report
- 23 Nov 2017 - Discussion session with Donors & International Community on the 2017 State of World Population Report