I am deeply concerned by today’s announcement that the United States will be withdrawing from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) and will begin reinstating US sanctions.
I have consistently reiterated that the JCPOA represents a major achievement in nuclear non-proliferation and diplomacy and has contributed to regional and international peace and security.
It is essential that all concerns regarding the implementation of the Plan be addressed through the mechanisms established in the JCPOA. Issues not directly related to the JCPOA should be addressed without prejudice to preserving the agreement and its accomplishments.
I call on other JCPOA participants to abide fully by their respective commitments under the JCPOA and on all other Member States to support this agreement.
- 01 Jan 2019 - UN Secretary-General’s 2019 New Year’s Video Message
- دی 97 - پیام دبیرکل سازمان ملل متحد به مناسبت سال جدید میلادی
- 1 Jan 2019 - UN Secretary-General's 2019 New Year’s Message
- 16 Dec 2018 - Sixth report of the Secretary-General on the implementation of Security Council resolution 2231
- آذر 97 - پیام دبیر کل سازمان ملل متحد در روز جهانی مبارزه با فساد