I am deeply concerned by today’s announcement that the United States will be withdrawing from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) and will begin reinstating US sanctions.
I have consistently reiterated that the JCPOA represents a major achievement in nuclear non-proliferation and diplomacy and has contributed to regional and international peace and security.
It is essential that all concerns regarding the implementation of the Plan be addressed through the mechanisms established in the JCPOA. Issues not directly related to the JCPOA should be addressed without prejudice to preserving the agreement and its accomplishments.
I call on other JCPOA participants to abide fully by their respective commitments under the JCPOA and on all other Member States to support this agreement.
- اردیبهشت 97 - اظهار نگرانی عمیق دبیرکل سازمان ملل متحد از تصمیم آمریکا برای خروج از برجام
- 22 April 2018 - Happy International Mother Earth Day!
- 19 Mar 2018 - Nowruz Mobarak!
- 8 Mar 2018 - The UN Resident Coordinator's Statement at National Tree Planting Ceremony
- 8 Mar 2018 - The Secretary-General's Message on International Women's Day