UNODC Iran facilitated and organized a two-day training workshop on United Nations Procedures on Collection and Analysis of National Drug Related Data for UNODC Annual Report Questionnaire (ARQ) on 23-24 April 2018, in close collaboration with the Islamic Republic of Iran Drug Control Headquarters.
The purpose of organizing this workshop was to discuss data collection and research, and to present an overview of the global drug control system, namely Annual Report Questionnaire, and its data reporting obligations. The workshop was an opportunity to improve the engagement of the Drug Control Headquarters thematic departments to international affairs and reporting. It also brought into light the importance of transparent reporting at international level that can reflect Iran efforts in the field of drug supply and demand reduction.
The workshop was facilitated by Ms. Angela Me, Chief of Research and Trend Analysis Branch in UNODC Headquarters in Vienna. Senior officials and experts from the Islamic Republic of Iran Drug Control Headquarters, Prisons Organization and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, involved in the compilation of data for UNODC Annual Report Questionnaires participated in the workshop.
Annual Report Questionnaire is a global reporting tool completed by member states on drug situation in each country. It consists of four parts on legal and administrative aspects of the working of the treaties, progress in implementation of the Plan of Action and the Political Declaration, drug abuse and its health consequences and illicit drug cultivation, manufacture and trafficking.
On the second day of the training, Ms. Me (UNODC) visited the Iranian National Center for Addiction Study (INCAS). The Center is an example of world excellence for its clinical work on treatment for opioids, Amphetamine Type Stimulants and cannabis as well as clinical research and epidemiology.
- خرداد 97 - نماینده کشوری دفتر مقابله با موادمخدر و جرم سازمان ملل متحد در ایران و مدیرکل اینترپل تهران دیدار و بر گسترش همکاری ها تأکید کردند
- 22 May 2018 - UNODC Iran Representative and Director General of Interpol Tehran meet, underline expanding further cooperation
- اردیبهشت 97 - دیدار نماینده کشوری دفتر مقابله با موادمخدر و جرم سازمان ملل متحد در ایران و مدیرکل اداره امور بین الملل قوه قضائیه
- 21 May 2018 - UNODC Iran and Judiciary officials meet, underline further expanding cooperation
- اردیبهشت 97 - دفتر مقابله با مواد مخدر و جرم سازمان ملل متحد ظرفیت مرکز سگ گمرک جمهوری اسلامی ایران را تقویت کرد