Tehran, 3 July 2018 - Islamic Republic of Iran celebrated the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking. The event was attended by national senior officials from Ministry of Interior, Iranian Parliament, Anti-narcotics Police, and Drug Control Headquarters. Several members of Mini Dublin Group countries and diplomatic missions, UN agencies in Tehran, Non-Government Organizations, cinema and media, and family members of the law enforcement personnel killed in-action against drug traffickers were among the audience. The statements of the UN Secretary General, and UNODC Executive Director on the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking were read to the audience by the UNODC Iran.
Iran Minister of Interior Dr. Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli, addressed the audience and referred to Iran’s concerns on the unprecedented rise in opium production in Afghanistan in 2017, reaching 9,000 tons according to UNODC World Drug Report. Minister warned against the increasing threat of manufacturing of synthetic substances in the region, and Iran’s concern on increased level of narco-terrorist activities especially in Iranian provinces bordering Afghanistan. The “turnover of drugs produced in Afghanistan and trafficked to Europe is over USD 50 billion” stated Minister Fazli. Minister Fazli criticized double standards applied against Iran on anti-money laundering and terrorism financing, while other sources of drug related money laundry go unnoticed by the West. Iran will continue its cooperation with international community against drugs and drug trafficking, however sanction regime against the country has had negative effects on Iranian law enforcement capacities in provision of equipment required to tackle the organized drug trafficking networks, said Minister Fazli. Minister Fazli underlined that if Iran ease its restrictions on border control and migration, more drugs and illegal migrants will enter European territories each year.
A live musical programme was performance by a group of recovered drug users from “Congress 60” NGO, received very well by the audience. This was followed by a symbolic drug burning ceremony in city of Isfahan, presented live on screen. In closure, senior officials of Iran conveyed their acknowledgments to the families of police personnel killed in action against drug trafficking networks.
- 14 Nov 2018 - UNODC Country Representative and Chairman of Tehran Chamber of Commerce, Industries Mines and Agriculture discussed modalities of expanding cooperation on anti-corruption affairs
- آبان 97 - نماینده کشوری دفتر مقابله با مواد مخدر و جرم سازمان ملل متحد و رییس اتاق بازرگانی تهران دیدار و در خصوص راه های گسترش همکاری ها در زمینه مبارزه با فساد تبادل نظر کردند
- آبان 97 - دفتر مقابله با مواد مخدر و جرم سازمان ملل متحد در ایران در جشنواره پیشگیری از مصرف مواد و اچ آی وی در دانشگاه آزاد اسلامی واحد تهران جنوب شرکت کرد
- 24 Oct 2018 - UNODC Iran joined Drugs and HIV Prevention Festival at the South Tehran Azad University
- مهر 97 - کارگاه منطقه ای همکاری منطقه ای و بین المللی در راستای مقابله با جریانهای مالی غیرقانونی حاصل از قاچاق انسان و مهاجرین