Tehran, 28 June 2018 - UNODC Iran facilitated participation of senior experts from the Islamic Republic of Iran Drug Control Headquarters (DCHQ) and Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) in the Steering Committee meeting of the Regional and the Inter-Regional Meeting between South Eastern Europe and West and Central Asia on building partnership in countering Illicit Financial Flows, held in Zagreb, Republic of Croatia, on 28-29 June 2018. UNODC Iran Country Representative participated in the said meetings and acted as the moderator for Session I: Review of trends and analysis of Illicit Financial Flows along the three drug trafficking routes from Afghanistan of the Inter-Regional Meeting between South Eastern Europe and West and Central Asia on Building Partnership in Countering Illicit Financial Flows.
The Seventh Steering Committee Meeting of the Regional Programme for Afghanistan and Neighboring Countries was held in the Centre for Security Cooperation (RACVIAC) on 28 June 2018. Senior officials from the Regional Programme member states and members of the donor community participated in the meeting. The aim was to review achievements of the Regional Programme in 2018 and discuss current and future strategic priorities and plan the next Steering Committee meeting of the Regional Programme for 2019.
This meeting was followed by the Inter-Regional Meeting between South Eastern Europe and West and Central Asia on building partnership in countering Illicit Financial Flows on 28-29 June 2018. The meeting was held as a joint event by UNODC, in partnership with relevant national, regional and international organizations and hosted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Croatia.
The event brought together for the first time Heads of Drug Control Agencies/Offices and Heads of Financial Intelligence Units from member states of the Regional Programmes for Afghanistan and Neighbouring Countries and the Regional Programme for South Eastern Europe to address challenges and prospects for inter-regional cooperation, with a particular emphasis on illicit financial flows, in line with the 2016 UNGASS outcome document, especially to South-South and Triangular Cooperation.
- تیر 97 - راه اندازی ﺷﺒﮑﻪ ﺑﯿﻦ ﺳﺎزﻣﺎﻧﯽ اﺳﺘﺮداد دارایی ها در غرب و آسیای مرکزی توسط دفتر مقابله با مواد مخدر و جرم سازمان ملل متحد
- 5 July 2018 - Launch of Asset Recovery Inter-Agency Network (ARIN) in West and Central Asia by UNODC
- تیر 97 - جمهوری اسلامی ایران رویدادی را به مناسبت روز جهانی مبارزه با سوءمصرف و قاچاق مواد مخدر برگزار کرد
- 3 July 2018 - Islamic Republic of Iran commemorates International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
- تیر 97 - حضور ایران در نشست بین منطقه ای اروپای جنوب شرقی و آسیای غربی و میانه برای ایجاد همکاری در مقابله با جریان های مالی غیرقانونی