UNICEF Iran Representative, Dr Will Parks, underlined the power and responsibilities of businesses to be a potential source of positive change and opportunity for children and adolescents in Iran at the Second Annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Award Ceremony held at IRIB International Conference Center in Tehran on Tuesday 24th July 2018.
“I have been impressed by the culture of the corporate social responsibility in Iran which could be enhanced further by recognizing children as distinct stakeholders of every Iranian company. Children are consumers, family members of employees, young workers, future employees, and future business leaders. Of course, children are also citizens and important members of the communities and environments in which businesses operate,” said Dr Parks during his speech. He highlighted the importance of transforming CSR from charitable goodwill into a central element for business success and principles to guide companies on the full range of actions they can take in the workplace and community to respect and support children. “UNICEF’s Child-Related Business Principles build on existing standards for CSR and can help every business to look at its own operations, understanding how these operations are or could be affecting children, and then eliminating any harm on children,” Dr Parks added.
The Second CSR Award honored outstanding corporates which have demonstrated full implementation of CSR international standards in their businesses. The top three CSR winners were Shahid Hasheminejad Gas Refinery, awarded the gold appreciation plaque, Kashan Amir Kabir Steel Company and Arvand Pishro, jointly awarded the silver appreciation plaque, and Tabriz Oil Refinery awarded the bronze plaque.
A wide range of guests including, high level senior government officials, parliamentarians and business leaders attended the Second CSR Award ceremony on Tuesday 24th July including His Excellency Dr Akhoundi, Minister of Roads and Urban Development, members of the parliament, university professors, CSR experts and international and national business leaders.
- شهریور 97 - نشست گفتگو و هم اندیشی پیرامون ایجاد صندوق نوآوری برای کودکان در ایران
- 10 Sep 2018 - UNICEF Iran Office spearheads conversation on establishing an ‘Innovation for Children Fund’ in Iran
- 27 August 2018 - UNESCO & UNICEF Support Ministry of Education in Inclusion of Students with Special Needs
- مرداد 97 - برای نخستین بار در ایران، یونیسف با ستاد مبارزه با مواد مخدر ایران در زمینه پیشگیری از مصرف مواد در میان کودکان و نوجوانان همکاری می کند
- 25 July 2018 - UNICEF partners with Iran’s Drug Control Headquarters on prevention of substance use among children and youth