On 12 August, UNFPA, UNESCO and UNICEF in a joint event with Ministry of Sport and Youth, Iranian National Commission of UNESCO and Embassy of South Korea celebrated the International Youth Day.
At the beginning, Dr. Joudane UNFPA representative, Dr. Parks UNICEF representative, Dr. Soltanzadeh UNESCO OIC, Mr. Tondgouyan Deputy Minister, Dr. Namvar from National commission and Mr. Gwak from South Korean Embassy within a panel Gave speeches Regarding Youth and their important role in society and the role each organization can play in supporting the youth in Iran.
Dr. Joudane in her speech noted that, UNFPA programme is fully committed to support efforts of governments and civil society to develop the greatest asset of Iran. Youth especially young girls are at the core of UNFPA 6th country programme. At the time when Iran is experiencing a unique demographic profile with the majority of youth, more than 30% of the Iranian population is between 15 and 29 years old, the programme aims at utilizing the capacity of this young generation, and realizes the gender and demographic dividend.
As the second half of the event started, 15 selected youth from different NGOs presented their work and recommendations in areas of environment, cultural heritage, health, sports and tourism.
At the end, the Panel members agreed that it is important to develop a multi-sectoral national plan to support youth in Iran.
- 29 July 2019 - Cooperation of NGOs with the United Nations
- مرداد 98 - توانمند سازی سمن ها در تعامل با سازمان ملل متحد
- 28 Nov 2018 - OneHealth Tool Training for Economists and Public Health Scientists and Validation
- 25 Nov 2018 - Joint UN Statement on International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- 23 October 2018 - Opening Ceremony of HelpAge Asia-Pacific Regional Conference