Tehran, 10 September 2018 – The incoming United Nations Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative for the Islamic Republic of Iran, Ms. Ugochi Daniels, presented her Credentials to His Excellency, Dr. Mohammad Javad Zarif, Minister of Foreign Affairs on 10 September, officially taking up her post in-country.
During the meeting, H.E. Foreign Minister Zarif and Ms. Daniels discussed prospects for deepening the strategic partnership between the Government of I.R. of Iran and the United Nations.
“It was a great honor to meet with H.E. Foreign Minister Zarif and to present him with the Letter of Credentials from the UN Secretary-General. On behalf of the UN system, I will have the overall responsibility and will exercise team leadership for the coordination of operational activities for development in I.R. of Iran. The UN Iran Team and I are humbled and honored to support the Government in reaching its development and humanitarian goals” Ms. Daniels said.
She added: “As our Secretary-General has mentioned the UN is going through “the most ambitious and comprehensive transformation of the UN development system in decades”, and for the UN in Iran, this is an especially critical time to demonstrate our strategic relevance. The UN can serve as a bridge between the Government of I.R. of Iran and the international community.”
Since 2002, Ms. Daniels has served the UN in different capacities covering its development and humanitarian work at headquarters, in Sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia.
A native of Nigeria, Ms. Daniels holds a master’s degree in Geography, and is accompanied by her husband in I.R. of Iran.
- 18 Nov 2018 - Iran implementing its commitments under nuclear deal
- 14 Nov 2018 - Civilians caught in sanctions crossfire need Geneva Convention protection, says UN expert
- 30 October 2018 - More than 90% of the world’s children breathe toxic air every day
- آبان 97 - جشن روز ملل متحد با شرکت کودکان چند ملیتی خانواده سازمان ملل متحد در ایران
- 25 October 2018 - UN Family with its Multinational Kids Celebrates UN Day in Iran