As per request of Ms Zahra Hosseinpour student of Science and Research Branch of Azad University, the UN Information Centre (UNIC) held a “Finding UN Information and Documentation” workshop for some 20 graduate students of international law at the UNIC Office in Tehran on 6 September 2018.
The workshop was conducted by the UNIC Reference Assistant Ms Nazanin Ghaemmaghami-Farahani. Students learned how to find and retrieve UN information on the UN website as well as Dag Hammarskjold Library (DHL) page on the web. They also got familiar with the structure of the UN document symbols. Overview and searching through some of DHL resources and databases including UNBISNET, Official Document System (ODS), were discussed. Students also learnt how to retrieve the full texts of some UN publications and periodicals through the UN iLibrary.
There was a focus on the International Court of Justice (ICJ) and a video on ICJ with Persian subtitles was screened for the group. The participants learnt how to locate a multilateral treaty and its status as well as the related reservations from the Treaty Collectionwebsite.
“I have learned a lot, it was useful. We would like to have more training sessions like this one at UNIC. I was proud to find a lecture of University of Tehran professor and the former President of International Law Commission of the UN Dr Djamchid Momtaz among the “Lecture Series” of UN Audiovisual Library of International Law,”said Ms Zeinab Asadi, participant of the workshop.
Persian copies of UN Charter, Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the UN System Chart were distributed among the participants.
- مهر 97 - کارگاه آموشی به مناسبت روز بین المللی صلح در موزه صلح تهران
- 27 Sep 2017 - Workshop on the occasion of International Day of Peace at Tehran Peace Museum
- شهریور 97 - دانشجویان حقوق بین الملل در مرکز اطلاعات سازمان ملل متحد
- اردیبهشت 97 - برگزاری نمایشگاه عکس و اسناد تاریخی همکاری سازمان ملل متحد و ایران در بوشهر
- 30 April 2018 - UN-Iran Partnership Historical Photos, Documents Exhibited in Bushehr