Today, one-day training on “Age-Friendly City, Participation and Social Protection” is conducting by the Elderly Council of the Province of Isfahan affiliated to the State Welfare Organization.
Dr. Leila Joudane, UNFPA Representative and Dr. Kambiz Kabiri, National Programme Analyst were invited by Dr. Marzieh Farshad, Director General of Welfare Organization and Secretary of the Elderly Council to share their technical experiences with the city managers and members of the Elderly Council.
Within the frame work of the 6th Country programme (CP), the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in the I.R. of Iran and in response to the rapid transition in the age structure of Iran’s population, the issue of elderly is among subjects of the UNFPA programme activities.
In this CP, UNFPA will provide support to population and development stakeholders to increase the availability of population data and analysis to inform strategies and action plans on the implications and benefits of the demographic dividend.
Due to the fertility decline and increased longevity, it is expected that Iran will face rapid population ageing in the coming decades. The government stakeholders including Ministry of Cooperative, Labour and Social Welfare, State Welfare Organization, Statistical Center of Iran, Ministry of Health and Medical Education and Tehran University are working closely with UNFPA to address the issue of ageing within the framework of the 6th National Development Plan of the Country.
- Programme Specialist, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) - UNFPA
- 29 July 2019 - Cooperation of NGOs with the United Nations
- مرداد 98 - توانمند سازی سمن ها در تعامل با سازمان ملل متحد
- 28 Nov 2018 - OneHealth Tool Training for Economists and Public Health Scientists and Validation
- 25 Nov 2018 - Joint UN Statement on International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women