On Monday 15 October 2018, officials from the Ministry of Cooperatives, Labour and Social Welfare and UNICEF Iran Office as well as key stakeholders from government and non-government organizations providing social services to vulnerable children, discussed ways to empower the social service work force in Iran as part of a Middle East and North Africa Regional Review of the Social Service Workforce across 9 countries.
The meeting focused on reviewing the framework and methodology for the Social Service Workforce in Iran, as well as roles and responsibilities of different sectors in conducting a social service workforce review. UNICEF Iran facilitated the presence of Ms Francesca Stuer from the Global Social Service Workforce Alliance in this session.
UNICEF Representative in Iran, Dr Will Parks, expressed happiness that the Islamic Republic of Iran is part of this important regional initiative and emphasized that the social service workforce review should focus on understanding the structure and function of the social service workforce, opportunities for enhancement as well as the way forward for strengthening the social service workforce in Iran.”
- 19 April 2019- Nearly 1 million children affected by massive floods in Iran
- فروردین 98 - یونیسف: حدود یک میلیون کودک در ایران در معرض آسیب سیلابهای شدید قرار گرفتهاند
- 17 April 2019- UNICEF opens bank accounts for donations from outside of Iran to help with the flood response
- فروردین 98 - اعلام حساب بانکی از سوی یونیسف برای دریافت کمک های نقدی از خارج از کشور به سیل زدگان ایران
- 13 March 2019 - UNICEF Iran joins the private sector to improve the nutrition of mothers and children in disadvantaged areas