The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime in the Islamic Republic of Iran, United Nations Children Fund in the Islamic Republic of Iran and World Health Organization in the Islamic Republic of Iran have signed Interoffice Memorandum on developing a joint project focused on prevention and treatment of drug use among children and their families. This joint Interoffice Memorandum became as the first internal UN protocol in Iran on cooperation signed by three UN agencies after announcement of the UN Development Reform.
The ceremony took place in Tehran in Milad Tower International Convention Center on 3 December 2018, as a part of United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) High Level Steering Committee Annual Meeting, with the support of the Islamic Republic of Iran Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Heads of different United Nations agencies and senior representatives from relevant national counterparts in Iran attended the event.
The UNDAF in the Islamic Republic of Iran (2017-2021) provides platform for implementation of joint programmes and projects. UN Agencies in Iran are already collaborating in the area of drug prevention and treatment under the Pillar -IV of the UNDAF Iran named as “Drug Control”.
The main objective of this Interoffice Memorandum is to develop a framework for strengthening partnership among the three UN agencies in prevention and treatment of drug use among children and their families. The joint collaboration among UN parties has humanitarian nature and will help national partners to support protection of vulnerable groups in the country.
Within this framework the agencies should develop and fundraise for specific activities to be implemented in a spirit of cooperation and common commitment to broaden the inherent collaboration of these agencies under the UNDAF in the Islamic Republic of Iran, Pillar-IV “Drug Control”.
- 19 June 2019 - Iran and Oman Improve Collaborations over WHO Healthy Cities Initiative
- خرداد 98 - نشست مشترک UNODC و INCB برای جمهوری اسلامی ایران با موضوع تحقیقات مربوط به پیش سازها
- 1 May 2019 - UNICEF and Iran Switzerland Chamber of Commerce Joined Hands on Child Nutrition in Food Products
- اردیبهشت 98 - همکاری یونیسف و اتاق بازرگانی ایران-سوئیس برای ارتقاء تغذیه کودکان در محصولات غذایی
- 28 April 2019 - UNODC organized the workshop on Sustainable Development and Entrepreneurship