UN Secretary-General António Guterres has made proposals to reform the United Nations since the beginning of his term in January 2017. To improve the delivery of our mandate, the United Nations is making sweeping changes in the following areas:
Development. The 2030 Agenda will require bold changes to the UN development system for the emergence of a new generation of country teams, centred on a strategic UN Development Assistance Framework and led by an impartial, independent and empowered resident coordinator.
Management. A new management paradigm for the Secretariat and a United Nations that empowers managers and staff, simplifies processes, increases transparency and improves on the delivery of our mandates.
Peace and Security. The overarching goals of the reform are to prioritize prevention and sustaining peace; enhance the effectiveness and coherence of peacekeeping operations and special political missions and move towards a single, integrated peace and security pillar.
Please check out this website for more information: https://reform.un.org/
- فروردین 98 - "سیل ایران و پاسخ سازمان ملل متحد": یادداشتی در روزنامه همشهری به قلم هماهنگ کننده مقیم سازمان ملل متحد در ایران
- 15 April 2019 - "Iran Floods and UN’s Response" Op-Ed by UN Resident Coordinator in Hamshahri Newspaper
- 10 April 2019- Roundtable discussion on 25th Anniversary of the Genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda
- فروردین 98 - میزگرد درباره بیست و پنجمین سالگرد نسل زدایی قوم توتسی در روندا
- 8 April 2019- UN response to support Government-led efforts to help people affected by floods in Iran