25 February 2019 Tehran – UNODC Iran Country Representative, Alexander Fedulov and Secretary General Momeni of Drug Control Headquarters met and discussed areas of joint interest on drug control and enhancing of two sides’ cooperation under the UNODC Iran Country Partnership Programme (2015-2019). Moreover, Mr. Fedulov informed about UNODC interest for continuing the UNODC Country Partnership Programme and the idea was welcomed by the Drug Control Headquarters to extend the UNODC CPP for the period of 2020-2023.
Mr. Momeni in his remarks, mentioned about the role of Iran as the front line in stopping Afghan drug trafficking through Iran to European markets. He also requested for more support from the international community, in line with the scales of drug trafficking challenge imposed on Iran.
Mr. Fedulov noted the concern of the Drug Control Headquarters on challenges caused by Afghan poppy cultivation and drug trafficking. He also confirmed that huge seizures of opiates and cannabis by Iranian Anti-Narcotics Police and Law Enforcement is indicative of serious efforts by Iran against drug and drug trafficking challenges.
Mr. Fedulov reiterated UNODC’s support to Iranian delegation headed by SG Momeni for participation at the 62nd session of the CND, and meeting with UNODC Executive Director, Mr. Yury Fedotov.
- شهریور 98 - دفتر مقابله با مواد مخدر و جرم سازمان ملل متحد در ایران یک دوره کارآموزی پیرامون تشخیص و درمان بیش مصرفی مواد شبه افیونی و سندروم محرومیت برگزار می کند
- 29 August 2019 - UNODC Iran organizes a training on diagnosis and treatment of opioids overdose and withdrawal
- شهریور 98 - حضور دفتر مقابله با مواد مخدر و جرم سازمان ملل متحد ایران در سیزدهمین کنگره بین المللی دانش اعتیاد
- 23 August 2019 - UNODC Iran participation in the 13th International Addiction Science Congress
- 30 July 2019 - Executive Director, UN Office on Drugs and Crime, Yury Fedotov: Statement of the UNODC Executive Director on World Day against Trafficking in Persons