The third EU-UN Brussels conference on “Supporting the future of Syria and the region” will take place at the European Headquarters from 12-14 March 2019.
Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator Mark Lowcock, Special Envoy for Syria Geir Pedersen and High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi will represent the United Nations, together with several other Heads of UN agencies.
The first two days of the conference on 12 and 13 March will focus on a dialogue with Syrian, regional and international NGOs and civil society organisations. They will discuss key themes affecting the Syrian people with Ministers from the region and from donor countries, EU Commissioners and Heads of UN agencies.
The ministerial-level conference will take place on Thursday, 14 March.
The Syria crisis remains one of the largest humanitarian and protection crises of our times. Millions of men, women and children are in urgent need of life-saving assistance.
The Syria crisis is far from over. Staggering needs persist, with 11.7 million people in need of humanitarian aid in 2019 inside Syria, and more than 5.6 million Syrian refugees registered in neighbouring countries.
The United Nations and humanitarian partners are calling for US$ $3.4 billion to provide critical life-saving and life-sustaining assistance to 11.7 million people in Syria and $5.5 billion for 5.6 million Syrian refugees this year. After eight years of hardship and violence, the scale, severity and complexity of humanitarian needs in Syria remains unabated.
- University of Tehran law students learn more about Sustainable Development Goals, with a focus on Goal 16
- اسفند 97 - آشنایی بیشتر دانشجویان حقوق دانشگاه تهران با آرمان های توسعه پایدار با تاکید بر آرمان 16
- 11 March 2019 - Training Session for Tarbiat Modarres University Students
- اسفند 97 - جلسه آموزشی برای دانشجویان کارشناسی ارشد حقوق بین الملل دانشگاه تربیت مدرس
- اسفند 97 - برگزاری سومین کنفرانس "حمایت از آینده سوریه و منطقه" در بروکسل