UNESCO Tehran Cluster Office in response to the request of the Iranian Cultural Heritage Handicrafts and Tourism Organization (ICHHTO) for technical advice for stabilization and rehabilitation of Shushtar Historic Hydraulic System World Heritage Site invited an international expert.
Due to landslide, the Site had faced damages and cracks. UNESCO Tehran Cluster Office invited Mr. Giovanni Gigli, an expert from Earth Sciences Department of University of Florence, "Prevention and Sustainable Management of Geo-hydrological Hazard" UNESCO Chair with expertise on geological and geomorphologic investigations. The expert is accompanied by the Deputy for Cultural Heritage of ICHHTO and a team of local cultural heritage experts during his mission.
Moreover, due to the recent flood which happened in I.R. of Iran in March 2019, the Shushtar Historic Hydraulic System World Heritage Site as well as many other cultural heritages sites in Khuzestan Province had been affected. As early response of UNESCO Tehran Cluster Office to support the efforts of the Government of I.R. of Iran in rehabilitation of cultural heritage sites affected by the flood, during this mission Mr. Gigli will have an overall assessment on the cultural heritage sites in Khuzestan Province and provide the Government with technical advice for rehabilitation of the sites. The missions runs until 15 April 2019.
- 22 Feb 2019 - UNESCO Tehran Cluster Office concluded a three-day Workshop on Youth Engagement in UNESCO Global Geoparks Conservation in Qeshm Island
- دی 97 - اعلان شرکت در رقابت: جوایز آسیا – اقیانوسیهی یونسکو برای حفاظت از میراث فرهنگی سال 2019
- 26 Dec 2018 - 2019 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation
- 12 Dec 2018 - UNESCO organized the 8th Asian G-WADI meeting and 2nd International Drought Initiative (IDI) expert group meeting
- 28 Nov 2018 - UNESCO and UNICEF co-organize a 4-day Training Workshop on Educational Planning for Disaster Risk Reduction