On Wednesday May 1st 2019, UNICEF Iran in collaboration with Iran-Switzerland Chamber of Commerce and Tehran Chamber of Commerce with the support of the Embassy of Switzerland in Iran conducted a one-day technical session for businesses in the food industry on improving child nutrition in Iran.
Business experts from the food industry in Iran engaged in technical discussions on manufacturing food products enriched and fortified specifically for children as well as the best ways to reduce unhealthy levels of fat, salt, and sugar in food products to tackle child malnutrition.
Ms. Christine Weigand, UNICEF OIC Representative, H.E. Markus Leitner, Ambassador of Switzerland to Iran, Mr. Sharif Nezam Mafi, President of Iran-Swiss Chamber of Commerce and Dr. Bahman Eshghi Secretary General of Tehran Chamber of Commerce were among keynote speakers in the opening session of the workshop.
Promoting responsible business practices in the business environment in Iran particularly as it relates to children is a key objective of UNICEF Iran partnership with the private sector.
UNICEF is working closely with the Ministry of Health and Medical Education to help reduce the impact of malnutrition and promote adequate nutrition among children particularly in the first 1,000 days of life.
- 4 August 2019 - New UNICEF Iran Representative submitted her credentials to the Foreign Minister
- مرداد 98 - نماینده جدید یونیسف ایران اعتبارنامه خود را به وزیر امور خارجه تقدیم کرد
- July 2019 - UNICEF engages with top Business Leaders in Iran at the second Corporate Partnership Event
- تیر 98 - دومین مراسم مشارکت یونیسف با بخش خصوصی با حضور رهبران کسبوکارهای برتر ایران برگزار شد
- 3 July 2019- UNICEF Iran and the Vice Presidency for Science and Technology create a brand new partnership