Dear Young People from all over the World,
2019 marks the 40th anniversary of the United Nations Office at Vienna. The United Nations Youth and Student Association of Austria - Academic Forum for Foreign Affairs (UNYSA-AUSTRIA-AFA) the,refore cordially invites young people from 18 to 35 years to the
Vienna International Model United Nations (VIMUN)
from 04 to 08 August 2019 at the UN Office at Vienna, Austria, Europe.
At this UN simulation conference participants choose a country and research their chosen country's position regarding a specific topic. After preparation, they step into the shoes of diplomats and represent this country in a committee. They debate, convince, bring forward new solutions and solve a world conflict with their own resolution.
- improve your negotiation and public speaking skills
- become a better team-worker and leader
- get an insight into an UN diplomat's work
- make practical use of your political knowledge
- meet and stay in touch with students from all around the world
- earn a valuable certificate
Vienna - for many centuries the center of the Habsburg Empire and the city known for the Vienna Congress - has turned from the role as "imperial capital" to a meeting place for various international conferences. Since 1979 Vienna is one of the "United Nations capitals" with about 4000 people from all over the world working for the Vienna based International Organizations such as IAEA, UNIDO and UNODC. In addition, Vienna serves as headquarter also for OSCE or OPEC. Vienna combines the facades of the past, the life-style of the present and space for reflections for the future. As the conference entirely takes place at the UN Office at Viennna, VIMUN is perhaps the most authetical MUN world-wide. VIMUN is known for its professional organization and its balanced programme with sincere negotiations on the day as well as an unique social programme in the evenings and nights - in the tradition of the "Vienna Congress".
Topics of the Simulations
- Human Rights Council (HRC): "Human Rights Violations in the Middle East"
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA): "Nuclear Technology and Applications Included in Health Care"
- Security Council (SC): "The Situation in the South Chinese Sea"
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC): "Finding Measures to Prevent Cybercrime"
- United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA): "Use of Satellites for Global Security and Telecommunication
Please find all detailed information on the conference at: http://www.vimun.org
Looking forward to applications via: http://afa.at/vimun/vimunregistrationform.htm
- 22 May 2019 - UN Chief: Earth has lost 290m. hectares of forests since 1990
- خرداد 98 - نابودی بیش از 290 میلیون هکتار از جنگل های کره زمین از 1990
- 22 May 2019 - UN report finds high trade tensions and policy uncertainty continue to damage prospects for economic growth
- خرداد 98 - سازمان ملل متحد: تنش های تجاری و سیاست های ناپایدارعامل کاهش رشد اقتصادی جهان
- 15 May 2019 - Commemoration of International Day of Families