Tehran –The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in the Islamic Republic of Iran is delighted to announce that on 25th June, Mr. Claudio Providas presented his credentials to His Excellency, Dr. Mohammad Javad Zarif, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and has officially assumed his duties as UNDP Resident Representative to I.R. of Iran.
During the meeting, H.E. Foreign Minister Zarif and Mr. Providas discussed and exchanged views on prospects for deepening the strategic partnership between the Government of I.R. of Iran and UNDP.
“I am happy to be in Iran and I look forward to working with our partners in achieving Iran’s development goals” Mr. Providas said.
Prior this appointment, Mr. Providas was serving as the UNDP Country Director in Timor-Leste. He joined the United Nations in 1993 in Mozambique and has been working with UNDP since 1996 in Headquarters New York, and several Country Offices including Trinidad and Tobago, Ecuador and Bolivia.
Mr. Providas, a dual citizen of Uruguay and Belgium, holds a specialized Master of Management degree, and is accompanied by his wife and son in I.R. of Iran.
On the ground in about 170 countries and territories, UNDP works to eradicate poverty while protecting the planet. We help countries develop strong policies, skills, partnerships and institutions so that the countries can sustain their development results.
- 22 July 2019 - Iran established the first HIV/AIDS Drug Resistance Laboratory in the MENA region
- تیر 98 - ایران اولین آزمایشگاه سنجش مقاومت دارویی ویروس نقص ایمنی اکتسابی یا ویروس ایدز را در منطقه ﺧﺎورﻣﯿﺎﻧﻪ و ﺷﻤﺎل آﻓﺮﯾقا تاسیس کرد
- 7 July 2019 - Capacity Building and Skill Development for Digital Transformation in Digital Economy
- Mr. Claudio Providas - UNDP
- 13 December 2018 - From Iran to Azerbaijan: countries exchange best practices on harm reduction for people who use drugs