TEHRAN - “Secretariat of Citizens’ Rights”, a non-governmental organization held a session with collaboration of United Nations Information Centre in Tehran (UNIC) on Nelson Mandela International Day with the participation of some 60 NGO members, lawyers and students of law at the UN Office in Tehran on 18 July 2019.
The session was started with the opening statement of Dr Javad Norouzi, the representative of the NGO. Then the keynote speaker Dr Satar Azizi Law Professor of Bu-Ali Sina University of Hamedan, held a speech on “Global Citizenship: Responsibility or Refusal”.
UNIC Public Information Assistant Ms Nazanin Ghaemmaghami addressed the participants on how to retrieve UN information with a focus on “Global Citizenship” from the UN website. At the end, there was a question and answer session.
During the programme, there was a focus on Nelson Mandela as an exemplary global citizen whose example can continue to guide us in our work to build a better world for all.
Persian copies of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights were distributed among participants.
The Head of the Secretariat of Citizens’ Rights Ms Mounes Keshavarz, who organized the programme thanked UNIC for its cooperation and hoped that the NGO can have further cooperation with the Centre in near future.
- 19 August 2019 - Protect humanitarians from harm - Guterres
- مرداد 98 - فراخوان گوترش برای حفظ امنیت امدادگران
- 18 August 2019 - The Republic Of Korea and UNIDO Support the Development of Sustainable Settlements for Afghan Refugees in Iran
- مرداد 98 - حمایت مالی کره جنوبی از طرح سه ساله یونیدو برای توسعه پایدار مهمان شهرهای پذیرای پناهندگان افغان در ایران
- 15 August 2019 - Educational workshop on peace and international security