Education packages distributed to 6,000 refugee boys and girls at primary level in 19 settlements in 13 provinces throughout the country
Many years of conflict and insecurity in Afghanistan has resulted in mass movements of entire families from Afghanistan to Iran. Most often girls did not get a chance to go to school and benefit from an education due to cultural barriers and traditions.
WFP has been advocating for refugee girls’ education ever since it started its assistance program in Iran in the late ‘80s and through an education incentive has encouraged parents of several thousand girls to send their girls to school and have them educated- a project that has been extremely successful in changing the attitude of traditionally minded Afghan families towards girls’ education.
Roshd Charity was founded in 2005 and has since its establishment built 24 primary schools in remote villages in Iran. The charity currently has 8 new projects under construction.
Roshd Charity strives towards provision of equal education opportunity of to all children and has joined forces with WFP Iran to support refugee children’s education as well.
- اسفند 96 - با حمایت دولت آلمان، برنامه جهانی غذا در ایران به ارائه کمک های نقدی در مهمانشهرهای پناهندگان می پردازد
- 22 Feb 2018 - Thanks to Germany, WFP rolls out cash assistance in Iran’s refugee settlement
- آذر 96 - دولت آلمان به حمایت از پناهندگان افغان و عراقی ساکن ایران ادامه می دهد
- 18 Dec 2017 - Germany sustains support for Afghan and Iraqi refugees in Iran
- آذر 96 - استقبال برنامه جهانی غذا از کمک یک میلیون دلاری چین برای حمایت از پناهندگان افغان و عراقی در جمهوری اسلامی ایران