Education packages distributed to 6,000 refugee boys and girls at primary level in 19 settlements in 13 provinces throughout the country
Many years of conflict and insecurity in Afghanistan has resulted in mass movements of entire families from Afghanistan to Iran. Most often girls did not get a chance to go to school and benefit from an education due to cultural barriers and traditions.
WFP has been advocating for refugee girls’ education ever since it started its assistance program in Iran in the late ‘80s and through an education incentive has encouraged parents of several thousand girls to send their girls to school and have them educated- a project that has been extremely successful in changing the attitude of traditionally minded Afghan families towards girls’ education.
Roshd Charity was founded in 2005 and has since its establishment built 24 primary schools in remote villages in Iran. The charity currently has 8 new projects under construction.
Roshd Charity strives towards provision of equal education opportunity of to all children and has joined forces with WFP Iran to support refugee children’s education as well.
- آبان 96 - برگزاری کارگاه آموزشی برای کارمندان اداره کل امور اتباع و مهاجرین خارجی وزارت کشور
- 23 Oct 2017 - WFP Iran organized the Interim Country Strategic Plan Workshop for BAFIA
- 18 Oct 2017 - Tehran Times' exclusive interview with WFP Representative
- مهر 96 - با افزایش موج گرسنگی، مدیر اجرایی برنامه جهانی غذا در روز جهانی غذا خواستار برقراری صلح شد
- 16 Oct 2017 - As hunger surges, WFP Chief appeals for peace on World Food Day